At Nutley Church of England Primary School we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all of our children. Our Child Protection policy is regularly monitored and updated.
- To ensure that all children are provided with a safe, happy and healthy learning environment.
- To ensure that all staff are aware of the necessary precautions and actions to take when dealing with child protection issues.
- To establish and maintain an ethos where children and parents are secure and comfortable in talking to staff about concerns and know that they will be taken seriously.
- To establish and maintain procedures for safe recruitment, working relationships with parents and with external support agencies.
- To work with other schools in the local area to share good practice, taking advice from experts where necessary.
At times, it may be necessary to share information and work in partnership with external agencies if there are concerns about a child's welfare. Concerns will always be discussed with the child's parents/carers first, unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child's welfare.
Our Designated Child Protection Officers are:
- Mrs E Peasgood – Head Teacher
- Mr A Baptie – Deputy Head Teacher
- Miss S Debenham – Oak Class Teacher
Safeguarding Governor – Mrs S Wood
For our full Safeguarding Policy, please click here.
If any urgent safeguarding issues arise in the school holidays, the following link will give advice.